Feb 8, 2011

Having a sick teenager is the worse thing

Well today my daughter Leann woke up with a fever of 100.4 and I must say that it did have me a little out of sorts.  So I run to Walgreen's and I get a thermometer and some medicine for her to try to bring the fever down. We had it down for a couple of hours, but around 1 in the afternoon it spike to 102.8 that scared the begeebers out of me i must tell you I then had to go get my own med's at another pharmacy so I picked her up some Motrin while I was there to see if that would help. It worked every now and then, but the thing that really helped the most was naturally calling my mother and getting her advice she told me to put a cool rag on her head and her neck and let her eat on some crushed ice so I did that and it really started to come down then if she still has a fever in the morning I will be taking her to the doctor if I can get her in that is there has been so much going around that my doctor has been booked solid today and tomorrow the only thing I can do is to call at 7 am and see if I can get a work in appointment if it's needed at all if her fever has come down to normal in the morning and doesn't spike up again I may not have to take her, but I most likely will so I can get a doctor's note for he having to miss a couple of day's of school, but I'll make that call in the morning so that was my day today. I'll talk to you later. Til next time good night all.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad she's starting to feel better! Fever's are tricky things and when they go up like that it freaks me out, so I can understand your worry! I hope today is much better and that the doc can tell ya whats going on. :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol its much better and she did tell us its some sort of flu lol

    ReplyDelete